The Products Behind the Styles



I've had a few requests to share info on the products I use on my hair to achieve the looks I have tried. I am no expert yet, and a lot of it is trial and error. I learnt that there is no "magical" one-size-fits-all product combination, but you have to try and find the ones that match your hair. And because there is no manual, trial and error is the only way! It obviously also depends on availability of the products in your area, and your personal preferences.

That said, if you think your hair texture is similar to mine, then maybe you are more likely to find your "hair match" products amongst the ones I have begun to trust. These are all available in South Africa:




From Left to Right:

Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage Creme - I find this so amazing for instant softening for pain-free combing. I use it as often as I need to, and also apply it before I condition with oils.

Sof'n'free Styling Gel - I applied it to my hair (in addition to my usual conditioner) before I tried shingling with a brush. This is to hold the curls in place.

Jabu Stone Beeswax - Applied this instead of the styling gel, been trying out both to compare. Beeswax is most commonly known to be used for dreadlocks, but applies to twists as well.

ORS Hair Mayonnaise - This is my deep conditioner, I apply it liberally after a wash, and leave it in for about 20 minutes to an hour before rinsing. 




From Left to Right:

Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula - I apply onto my scalp about every 3 days, or when I notice dryness. I put it in after I have applied the Anti-breakage Creme.

Olive Miracle Growth Oil - I mix it in with my Coconut oil formula, to have a mix of solid and liquid oils. I may swap this liquid oil with others of the same consistency.

Olive Miracle Moisturizer Lotion - I haven't used it yet to be honest, but only because it seems so similar to the Anti-Breakage Creme. I will use it when the creme is finished.

Olive Miracle Braid Sheen Spray - I haven't used this in awhile, but I do use it whenever I have braids. I think it also helps soften the hair before combing.


Left: Organics Conditioner - Great for wash days. I'm trying a variety of shampoos, but whichever I use,I condition with this afterwards.

Right: Curl Moisturizing Spray - I haven't used in awhile because I already have a bunch of conditioners that have similar effects. May alternate and see what works.


There you have it! If you use any of these products, let me know if you've had different experiences, or if you have different products to recommend. Good luck on the mission to make your natural hair happy :-)


--------

Liked my post about natural hair? I have more! I'll save you time sifting through the archives, here, look, check out...

Natural Hair Update to see the styles which I was referring to in this post, 
and
My Transition to Natural Hair to find out where it all began (big secret is I used to have relaxed hair).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Black Panther Is Changing Blackness

3 Updates You Must Make to Your CV Before Applying

Coronavirus: A View From Malawi